Lay ministers play an essential role in the liturgical celebrations of the Parish.
We rely heavily on the consistent, dedicated, and prayerful service of parishioners who answer God’s call to assist the community in worship.
Parishioners are always needed to serve in the following roles:
- Eucharistic Ministers
- Altar Servers
- Ushers/Ministers of Hospitality
Training is provided.
- Lectors proclaim the scripture, lead the Prayers of the Faithful, and make the Parish announcements.
- Eucharistic Ministers assist with distributing Communion under both species.
- Altar Servers assist the presider during liturgical celebrations.
- Ushers/Ministers of Hospitality welcome people to the liturgy, distribute song sheets, assist with taking up the collection(s), usher at Communion time, and distribute Parish bulletins as people leave the Church.
Please contact Teresa Cariño at 212-288-3588 for more information about serving as:
- Usher/Minister of Hospitality
- Eucharistic Minister to the homebound
- Eucharistic Minister at Mass
- Altar Server